Fried Chicken Nuggets (GF/DF)
Prepare it Paelo/Gluten free with Cassava flour or Use Einkorn Flour. I've had great success with both flours and have the same results as far as texture goes.
- Dutch Oven
- Cooling Rack with Pan Underneath (To catch oil, after frying)
- 2 Chicken Breast, Cubed Usually about 1.45 Lbs.
- 2 TBsp Hot Sauce See notes
- 1 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 Large Eggs (For dredging, after chicken has been soaked in brine)
- 1/2 Cup Cassava Flour Can substitute with Einkorn Flour
- 2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning Mix Make your own with: Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Marjoram, Tarragon
- Cube chicken breast into bite sized chunks or small strips if you prefer chicken strips. (1 -1.5 Inch squares)
- Place cubes/strips into chicken brine and allow them to soak overnight in an air tight container.
- The next day, drain the brine off the chicken and add 2 eggs mixed well , coating the chicken.
- Prepare dredge (Cassava or einkorn flour, salt, pepper, parpika) and place into a bag or bowl.
- In a dutch oven, warm up avocado oil (or lard) on medium high heat.
- Place well coated in egg chicken chunks in dredge bag and shake well, or roll twice in a bowl of dredge.
- Once oil is hot, fry chicken nuggets until golden brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- Make in batches, so you aren't crowding the pan. Turn the nuggets often to ensure even browing.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on a cooling rack to drain any excess oil.
- Add additional salt and pepper to nuggets before eating.