Feta & Tomato Pasta
A simple, real food recipe to quickly put on the dinner table. True feta is made from sheep's cheese and may be easier to digest for those who have issues with cow's milk products. Feta is also minimally processed and typically has zero additives beyond salt and enzymes which are essential to produce feta.
- 3-4 Cups Cherry Tomatos Use organic and non gmo when possible, tomatoes are known offenders of heavy pesticide use in conventional crops.
- 3-4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Block Feta Cheese I like the authentic Greek feta from costco. It's organic and minimally processed and made with sheep's milk.
- 2-3 Cups Cooked Pasta Add butter to pasta after cooking and let it melt, for a rich flavor.
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Italian Spices Basil, Marjarom, Oregano, Thyme
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Add tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and italian spices to a baking dish and mix well.
- Place feta in the center of tomatoes and place in a 400F oven for 20-30 minutes
- Just before serving, broil for 1 minute.
- Mix feta and tomatoes together and add pasta.
NOTE: If tomato peels bother you, you can add the feta and tomatoes to a blender or food processor after allowing it to cool. You can also use whole tomatoes that have been peeled, in place of fresh tomato.