Puerto Rican Sofrito
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper I prefer green
- 1 Medium Onion I prefer the taste of purple
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 6-8 Cloves Garlic
- 4-8 TBS Olive Oil
- 6-10 TBS Lemon Juice
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and bell pepper in a food processor.
- Add it lemon juice and oil slowly.
- once combined, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use by the spoonfuls to marinate, cook, and season foods.
I enjoy this flavor SO much. Its the taste of home and memories for me.
Make this cooking base last longer by freezing it in individual “muffins” and storing them (once fully frozen) in freezer safe container.
Can parsley be used in place of cilantro for those of us that are adverse to the flavour? Both my husband and I are cursed. xD
Hey there! I haven’t made it parsley but I’m sure it would be a fun mixture! Let me know how it turns out. 🙂
@grace. I personally don’t think parsley will do the trick. I’ve also never heard of parsley being used instead of cilantro. Even if you dislike the taste of cilantro, when sofrito cooks, it is definitely not an overly strong taste of cilantro. I think you’ll be surprised.