Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
Fill your home with the scent of cinnamon applesauce ornaments! These are a favorite Christmas time craft here on the homestead. These make a great personalized touch to gift tags, garland or on their own on your Christmas tree.
Yield: 12 Ornaments
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Wax Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Cutters (small)
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 3/4 Cup Cinnamon Add more, if needed.
- Mix applesauce and Cinnamon together until a dough is formed.
- If it still seems a bit soupy, add more cinnamon.
- Place dough on waxed paper and cover it with a piece of wax paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4" inch thick and remove wax paper. (Thicker is better, as it dries in the oven as it reduces the chance of cracking or breaking).
- Use small cookie cutters and cut out shapes.
- Using a toothpick, make holes for stinging.
- In a 170 F – 200 F oven, allow ornaments to dry completely.
- Keep an eye on the ornaments, making sure they aren't curling at the edges or cracking.
- Allow the ornaments to cool completely before stringing.