This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. It’s quick to put together and oh so satisfying! My family enjoys this brownie with no complaint that it’s not made with traditional flour and sugar. Go on, impress your people!
This gluten and dairy-free dessert is absolutely delicious! This brownie does not disappoint. For a an indulgent touch, spread your favorite nut butter to the finished product just before serving.
- 8×8 Pie Dish or Casserole Dish
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, Room Temperature Solid and soft but not Runny or Melted
- 1 Heavy Pinch Salt
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP Raw Cacao Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together all ingredients but the eggs in a stand mixer or use a hand mixer.
- Make sure the chickpeas are broken up and incorporated well until a batter begins to form.
- Break-in 3 eggs and incorporate on low until the batter is fairly smooth.
- Spray the parchment paper with oil and put it in the 8×8 dish.
- Pour in the batter on top of the parchment paper within the dish and allow the batter to make the parchment paper settle into the pan.
- Place it in the oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Give it a giggle test. If the center is still a bit wiggly, leave it in until it's firm.
- Once it has risen a touch and is cooked through, pull the parchment paper from the dish and place it (with the brownie still contained) on top of a cooling rack.
- Allow the brownie to cool down until warm to the touch, flip onto the cooling rack, and allow it to cool fully. This can take an additional 15-20 minutes until you can enjoy your treat.
- Once fully cooled, cut into squares and spread a tiny bit of nut butter on the top. You're welcome!
Did you make this recipe? Share with me on Instagram! @The.HopewellHomestead