Hearty Winter Salad with Tangy Maple Dressing
This simple winter Salad is great warm or cold. Hearty and Filling.
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked
- 10 Oz Butternut Squash, Prepared About a Heaping Handful and some
- 5 Oz Chard, Spinach, or Kale, Prepared About a Handful
- 10 Oz Cauliflower Rice, Prepared
Tangy Maple Dressing
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Medium Shallots, Minced
- 8 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds, Pepitas
- Prepare Quinoa, Butternut Squash, Greens and Cauliflower Rice. (Steam in a steamer basket and set aside.)
- Heat pan with olive oil and Saute Shallots and Garlic on medium/low heat.
- When Shallots become translucent, add in pumpkin seeds and toss for a moment until begining to brown.
- Add in maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and stir until reduced.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Enjoy warm or cooled.
Add squash, greens, and cauliflower rice in a steamer basket and steam together in an instant pot for quick work. Make the quinoa according to package instructions.