Hearty Winter Salad with Tangy Maple Dressing
This simple winter Salad is great warm or cold. Hearty and Filling.
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked
- 10 Oz Butternut Squash, Prepared About a Heaping Handful and some
- 5 Oz Chard, Spinach, or Kale, Prepared About a Handful
- 10 Oz Cauliflower Rice, Prepared
Tangy Maple Dressing
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Medium Shallots, Minced
- 8 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds, Pepitas
Prepare Quinoa, Butternut Squash, Greens and Cauliflower Rice. (Steam in a steamer basket and set aside.)
Heat pan with olive oil and Saute Shallots and Garlic on medium/low heat.
When Shallots become translucent, add in pumpkin seeds and toss for a moment until begining to brown.
Add in maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and stir until reduced.
Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Enjoy warm or cooled.
Add squash, greens, and cauliflower rice in a steamer basket and steam together in an instant pot for quick work.
Make the quinoa according to package instructions.