Southern Potato Salad
Some things don't need changing. This is a classic staple in southern american potlucks. Goes really well with fried chicken, baked beans, honestly, everything.
- Large Bowl
- Pot for Boiling Potatoes
- 3 Lbs Boiled potatos I like red skin potatos.
- 1 Cup Mayonaise I like to use chosen foods brand.
- 1/2 TSP Dill, Fresh or Dried Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dill Pickles, Chopped or Minced can use bread and butter pickles if that is your jam.
- 1 TSP Yellow Mustard Heaping
- 1/2 TSP Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 TSP Celery Seed or Salt
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped or Minced
- 2-3 Large Hard Boiled Eggs Cubed
- Cut potatos into cubes and boil in salted water until tender. Check with a fork. 10-15 minutes. You can also boil eggs at the same time, in the same water, if you prefer.
- While potatos are cooking, mix together all wet ingredients, put in fridge.
- Strain potatos and chop eggs and mix in chilled dressing.
- Allow potato salad to chill at least a few hours before serving. You can rapid chill in the freezer if you need to serve it more quickly.
Make ahead a day or two for maximum flavor. You can rapid chill in the freezer if you need to hurry and get it served – just be sure it doesn’t accidentally freeze at it can change the texture of the potato salad. Like it more tangy? Add extra TSP of yellow and dijon mustard to make it perfect.