This recipe is perfect for those wanting a quick sweet treat!
It’s 3 ingredients, gluten and dairy-free and sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.
2.5 Cups of Organic Puffed Rice Cereal (unflavored)
1 -1.5 Cups of Peanut or Nut/Seed Butter
2/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
(These measurements are a guide only – if you find that the mixture is too soupy – add more nut/seed butter to help stiffen.)
- Mix Maple Syrup and Nut/Seed Butter together over LOW heat on the stove, until well incorporated.
- Mix in rice cereal and incorporate well.
- Cover an 8×8 baking square pan in parchment or wax paper.
- Pour rice cereal mixture in a 8×8 baking square and pat down with a spatula.
- Freeze until firm, cut and serve.
- Best to store in fridge.
If you don’t eat it within a day or two, it does start to crumble. This is kind of a happy accident, as it makes GREAT peanut butter covered rice cereal with cold milk.