This is a GREAT weeknight meal. With a little prep work at the beginging, you can come home, assemble enchiladas and have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes.
– 2 Chicken Breast (about 2 lbs of Chicken) – Shredded
– 1-2 Cups of Broth or Water
– 1 (16oz) can or Container of Salsa Verde
* Cook chicken in the slow cooker for 8 hrs on low, or 4 hrs on high
To Prepare Enchiladas:
– 1 Package of Tortillas (8-12)
– 1 Cup of Cooked beans (We like Pinto or Black Beans)
– 1 (16 oz) of Salsa Verde (Additional to what was in the slow cooker)
– Cheese (optional)
* Shred Chicken in the crockpot and add the cup of cooked beans – mix well
* Begin to assemble enchiladas by rolling shredded chicken in a tortilla
* Line them up tightly, next to each other in a baking dish. I used a 9×12 but any size works.
* Cover with Salsa Verde and cheese (if you have extra shredded chicken left, add a layer of it to the top as well).
* Bake at 325-350 until warmed through or until cheese is melted through.
*Serve with sour cream