One Pan Chicken Thighs & Lentils
This simple one-pot meal is a crowd-pleaser. It's versatile to change with seasonal produce, protein, or other starches.
- 1.5-2 Lbs boneless chicken thighs roughly 5-6 thighs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 14oz can roasted or diced tomato
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 2 cups broth or stock
- 2 large yellow squash, diced
- 1 tsp all seasons salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cholula's hot sauce tabasco works well too
- 3/4 cup white wine
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or enamel baking dish, add oil and warm through on medium heat until it shimmers.
- Season thighs with all season's salt, chili flakes, and brown on all sides and remove and set aside. (it will not be cooked through, don't worry – it will get cooked later on.)
- Turn heat to medium and saute leeks and garlic together. Add a touch more oil if needed.
- Once they are translucent and soft, add smoked paprika, lentils, tomatoes, and white wine. stir together.
- Stir in broth/stock and allow lentils to cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- While you are cooking the lentils, Preheat oven to 375 F
- Add in squash and chicken back to the pan. Add in a touch more broth if it looks like it needs a bit more moisture.
- Place in the oven (uncovered) and pull out when lentils are cooked through. ( ~ 40-60 minutes).
- Serve hot and add a dash of hot sauce, salt, or pepper as needed.