This past weekend, we enjoyed the chill in the air and cool breeze. Naturally, my mind went straight to warming chili and cozy seasonal pumpkin squash. This recipe is sure to warm your bones and your heart in the days to come.
Easy Pumpkin Chili
- slow cooker or large pot
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 28 oz Can Diced Tomato elevate flavor with fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 Small Can, Green Chilis elevate flavor with fire-roasted chiles
- 1-2 Cups Broth (to make soupier, if desired)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Dill
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1-2 TBSP. Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP. Dried Ranch Mix (I used Simply Organic)
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Drain beans and set aside.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Pour in tomatoes (with juice), beans, chilis, and broth (pour in about 1 cup). Bring to a bubbling boil.
- Add in pumpkin puree and spices and incorporate them well.
- If it looks too thick to your liking, add in more broth or water.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- If cooking on the stovetop, simmer for 1 hour.