Healthy Hamburger Skillet
- 1 Lbs ground beef we've also used ground turkey with great success
- 1 box elbow macaroni gluten free works well too
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced you can use garlic powder, according to taste
- 1 tbsp real salt We use Redmond's, or pink Himalayan
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 can tomatoes, diced drained works well if there is too much juice.
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder to thicken, if needed or wanted
- 1 cup raw cheddar cheese* skip if dairy-free
- 1/2 – 1 cup heavy cream* use coconut milk or broth, if dairy-free – Ricotta works great too! 6oz or more.
- Brown beef over medium heat.
- Heat tomatoes, broth, and cream* in a saucepan.
- As ground beef begins to turn, saute onion and garlic.
- cook pasta according to instructions.
- sprinkle arrowroot powder over the cooked ground beef and pour in tomatoes, and cream. or ricotta and tomatoes.
- stir to ensure that the arrowroot powder is incorporated, set heat to low.
- as it begins to thicken add in the paprika, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- add in cooked pasta and stir in cheese.
- serve hot.