Gluten-Free, Quick, and Simple Meal. Filling, Wholesome and SO DELICIOUS.
Mashed Potato Topping
- 4 Large Potatoes Any White Flesh Potatoes, including White Sweet Potatoes (Peeled, Quartered, and Boiled)
- Half Stick (4-8 TB) Butter, or Ghee Room Temperature or Melted
- Cream or Coconut Milk or Kefir or Yogurt or Sour Cream For Smooth Consistency
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Small Onion, Diced I like a red onion
- 1-2 Lbs Ground Meat I used Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Broth Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Cups Mixed Vegetable Mix, Frozen or Canned Green Beans, Carrots, Peas – Sometimes it has Corn in it.
Saute Onion and Garlic in a bit of oil or butter until fragrant.
Strain off potatoes when they are pokable and can easily break apart.
Add ground beef to onions and garlic, and brown on medium heat.
Cream Potatoes with Butter and Cream of your choice in a stand mixer, hand mixer, or the old-fashioned smashing way and set aside.
Add Vegetables to beef and stir 5-8 minutes. Add in broth and Worcestershire sauce.
Preheat oven to 375-400F
Assemble pie with meat mixture in the bottom of the pan, and pour or scoop potatoes on top.
Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes. The topping should brown a bit and bubble around the edges.
What a semi-crunchy topping?
Add more butter to the potatoes and allow it to brown.
Need more flavor?
Add shredded cheese.